Updated: Dec 4, 2020
While some of the rest of the country is starting to reopen, here in California we are thankfully taking a more cautious route. As of the writing of this,non-essential businesses such as salons and spas across the state are not yet allowed to reopen. While some may disagree with this, here at Blush we are in full agreement and abiding with the state and county guidelines as the health and safety of our artists and clients are our top priority. Until we are given the green light, we will continue to postpone all services until later in the year or into 2021.
What we are doing during this time is taking every precaution necessary in order to reopen safely when we are allowed to do so. That means brushing up on our salon/spa sanitation and becoming certified in Covid-19 Infection Control and Workplace Illness Prevention. Blush is now a nationally certified Barbicide Safe Service Establishment. Additional sanitation measures are being implemented to ensure the health and safety of ourselves and our clients. New procedures have also been implemented which include limiting the number of clients in the room to only those receiving service at their designated appointment time. All of our artists will be receiving personal protective equipment including masks, gloves, and a visor which are required to be worn during services. Those who are ill with a cough or fever or have exhibited signs of illness within the past fourteen days will be denied services. Our client statement is listed below which outlines our new policies and as always, we are happy to answer any additional questions you may have about how we are helping to keep you safe during this time.
Stay safe and well!
We understand your concerns. Your safety and that of our staff is essential to us so we have taken the following steps:
· Received certification in Covid-19 Infection Control and are recognized as a national Barbicide Safe Service provider
· Cleaned and/or disinfected all surfaces and implements prior to setting up our work station and laundered and/or disinfected all capes, towels and linens
· Cleaned and disinfected all brushes to be used on clients. Brushes are stored in a clean, closed container along with other disinfected implements.
· Stored all used brushes and tools in a closed, dry labeled storage container to avoid cross-contamination
· Made available hand sanitizer and sanitizing spray/wipes
· All wax, cream (cosmetic and hair) and powder products are disinfected with Beauty So Clean sanitizing spray prior to being removed from containers using a spatula. Brushes are never double-dipped nor are hands used to remove said products.
· Acquired appropriate PPE (mask, face shield and gloves) for our artists to be used with each client
· Discontinued the practice of hand shaking and other non-essential contact
· Implemented a policy of one guest per artist at work stations six feet apart in the room at any given time in order to adhere to social distancing guidelines.
· Implemented a policy in which we reserve the right to deny service to those who exhibit or have exhibited signs of illness the day of the event or within the past fourteen days.
· Agreed to follow all safety guidelines for reopening set statewide by our governor